Deathracer has been giving me grief the past month or two. It’s a combination of factors. The apparent inability of the Shiva game engine to run complex code efficiently enough to control the number of computer drivers that I want, when running on an iPhone, is probably the main problem. I have spent a lot of time trying to optimise code, and Paul has spent quite a bit of time reworking polycounts and textures for me.
There’s also the issue of scope creep, and of the difficulties of developing in a distributed team. I just remembered why Darkwind was always planned as a one man show..
So yeah, I probably don’t know Shiva as well as I should. I need to start working on smaller projects, just like I did with Torque in 2004/2005, before ramping up to something more substantial like Deathracer.